December 15, 2011

Four Little Girls - A Documentary Film

I don't think anyone enjoys watching a sad depressing film about the history of how the African American children were abused, but I do think just for your own knowledge or whatever reason you scramble up to watch one... I reccommend you go HERE and watch it all. Every minute of it. How filthy, onry, racist and TERRIBLE those people must have been back then! Oh, if I lived in that day I would have had a few words. This stuff makes me so sick to my stomach. How can a man be so downright dirty in his mind that he would conjur up an idea like that?! :(

I watched this today for an assignment in my African American History class I'm taking. I'm soo glad I took this class. Now, I'm not extremely fond of history - I remember failing history in High School (thankful I'm making a high A now...). But I think this class was good for my learning and pushed me to want to know more about history and politics.

Towards the end of the documentary, Junie Collins (Addie Mae's sister) quoted,
"It wasn't God that brought the bombing. And a lot of people would think "Well, God did this and God did that. Just like there's a god of good, we have a god of evil too." And, uh... it's no part of God. And when we realize that God has our best interest and he has a plan for each one of us. A plan that's good and not for evil. Then we can begin to come and receive healing."

This last summer I came close to knowing someone and became somewhat fond of. There were few things in his life though that I came to realize were not good signs of leadership skills especially since he wasn't seeking the Lord. A lot to do with his personal integrity, and honestly just his pure and honest love for God was not there. Even in the simplest things that came to make his life seem like ruin, he responded quickly "this is just a sign of God's punishment. He hates me" I wish more people knew the real love of God in their lives. It is so heart breaking to hear things like that especially once you begin to grow to like someone. What he feels is real, but God's love is just as real. I couldn't change that feeling either, he had to do that.

This is a verse that a lot of people know, especially believers in Jesus. I want to share it anyway because of how simple and powerful it really is. It pairs well with what Junie Collins said above.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord..." (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

xoxo
S

No comments:

Post a Comment