March 4, 2015

News & Healthy Jump Start

Wow. I really know how to blog don't I? It's been exactly 2 ½ years since my last post. That's ridiculous Stacia, get with the game. Everyone does it now. It is really hard to get on here sometimes, but it is also much easier to get online and type for me than writing in a journal.

Alright, so news. If you want to see me at my new job, you'll see me working here:

www.aguaserenaspa.com












Yessss. I work in a spa. And boy am I so excited about this! I work at the front desk as a Concierge. I get to answer the phones, greet people and talk all about our spa. Which means all things natural. One of my favorite things about it so far, is that my spa sells the popular line of the Body Deli. It's AMAZING, really. Made locally, organic and all natural and feels and smells soooo delicious. I also get to lay back at work and get pampered. That's right. I've had the pleasure of experiencing our wonderful and most luxurious Cactus & Date Scrub, our Pure Plumeria Pedicure (amazing) and experienced our newest addition to our Spa menu: the Dream Retreat. That allows nearly 2 hours of exfoliation, massage and a full body Paraffin wax. Never had that before and I have to say… it is the utmost renewing, invigorating, revitalizing, and most exhilarating treatment I've ever received. You gotta get it. (Especially if your horoscope is Scorpio- check out our new specials for March-April).

Heathy Jump Start? I introduced the BF to the Paleo diet this year. Quite frankly I think he fell in love. I know… I'm the only one he needs to love. Come on. So this means he knows all about my online BFF's who make awesome recipes. (PaleOMG, Against All Grain, and one of my real-in-life friends Brenae Bradley). They're each very authentic and kindred people, and I love them dearly. Go check out their amazing recipes.

One I came upon today was a sweet 5 ingredient Avocado Fudge Bites. The recipe is now in the freezer waiting to freeze and then I'll roll them into my favorite dark chocolate bar later tonight. So I'll let you know how they go! Here's the recipe if you're interested:

1 Avocado
12 Tbsp Coconut Butter/Coconut Milk (of choice)
6 Tbsp raw honey/agave
½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Pinch of salt

Blend ingredients together and freeze. I put mine into a ice cube tray for easy exertion later.

Updates to come. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment